Wednesday, June 7, 2017

An Unnatural Vice by KJ Charles

After reading something dark, I usually look for a lighter tale, something to cleanse the palate, so to speak. Tonight, I turned to KJ Charles's new release, An Unnatural Vice and while it's not exactly light reading, it certainly is a good story.

My Rating: 4 out 5 stars
The book falls nicely into the Victorian Romance genre and it is MM for those that have a preference. It's also most certainly an enemies to lovers romance. The story is very well written and the flow is good. The characters are rich and interesting and the dialogue is quite witty. There are some sexy times for our main characters so definitely 18+.


I didn't do my homework on this one, so I wasn't aware until I started reading that this is the second book in a series and does continue from the first book. Nevertheless, I didn't have any problem following the story and found it to be quite the interesting read. After reading this one, I've decided that I need to go back and check out the first book, if only to satisfy my own curiosity. 😁 And I will be watching for the next one!

While the story is a Victorian Romance, it's so much more. There's murder, mystery, kidnapping, mayhem, a bit of trickery and slight of hand, comaraderie, a lost aristocrat, and yes, romance - most of which takes place in the London fog. Charles' descriptive prose made me feel like I could see this whole story play out.

Nathaniel and Justin were so much fun to read and I found the secondary characters just as interesting. I loved the interactions between the characters, particularly Justin and Nathaniel. What starts as slinging insults soon turns to banter as these two are forced to rely on each other in harrowing circumstances. Seeing Justin learn to trust and Nathaniel learn to love again was a great story in its own right, add in the mystery and mayhem and it's a winner.

Overall, I would easily recommend this one and hope that anyone who picks it up enjoys it as much as I did.

An Unnatural Vice is available for purchase and I'm including some links here for your convenience.

Amazon US

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Heart Knows What The Mind Cannot See Blitz

  Self Help, Spiritual Inspiration Date Published: 06-02-2021   This is a thought-provoking and enlightening exploration of sp...