Friday, June 2, 2017

Last Week by Lucy Wild

Ever look for a nice, calming story when you can't sleep? As an insomniac, I do a ton of reading on those late nights when everyone else is snug in their beds, hoping to get sleepy enough to catch a few zzz's. Lucy Wild's newest release, Last Week, definitely does not fit the bill of nice or calm.

My Rating: 5 out 5 stars.
The book is very well written in first person, dual POV with chapters alternating between Zoey and Ethan. The story flows so well and the characters are developed. The heat level is scorching - and I do mean scorching - so 18+. It is most certainly a dark romance and suicide is mentioned throughout the story.



I love a good, sink your teeth in, dark romance, but so often, I start reading and find nothing particularly dark. That was not an issue here. Lucy Wild gives a whole new meaning to the words Last Week and the story is dark - deliciously dark, but at the same time, hopeful - proving even the darkest of hearts can be mended with the right person. This is, hands down, Lucy Wild's best novel to date!

As mentioned, I often turn to reading on those late nights when I can't sleep. I started this one at around 2am this morning and flipped the last page around 4:30am. I absolutely couldn't put it down. I had to see how things turned out for Ethan and Zoey.

The emotions run the gamut in Ethan and Zoey's story. Ethan has dark plans when he makes Zoey an offer that she can't refuse, and Zoey thinks it's all a game that will net her enough money to save the family home. What ensues is disturbing, heart-wrenching, wickedly hot, and even sweet at times.

Ethan is so broken and sets out to break Zoey in every way possible. He doesn't just want a submissive, he wants to destroy Zoey and her innocence. The only problem is that things don't necessarily go as planned when he discovers that she isn't as easily broken or manipulated as he thought.

Is one week enough for what Ethan has planned or will it be just enough time for Zoey to turn the tables and save him from himself? If you enjoy a gripping, dark romance, you'll have to read the book to find out the answer to that one for yourself.

Trigger Warning: Suicide is a dominant theme throughout this story.

This unputtdownable ( I know, that's not really a word, but it's an apt description), riveting tale is available now on Amazon and I'm including the link here for your convenience. I have no problem with recommending this one to anyone who enjoys a dark romance that is absolutely scorching hot - that's no exaggeration - you might want to plan some special "me" time with this one! Don't say I didn't warn you! 😉

Amazon US


Thanks for joining me!

Momma 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...