Thursday, June 8, 2017

Sea of Secrets by Brooke Kinsley

Warning!!! If you are looking for a soothing read at bedtime, this is not it! It will keep you awake and guessing! Brooke Kinsley's Sea of Secrets is the third installment in her Jewels and Panties series. The books are a continuing story and I would highly recommend starting with the first book and reading in succession. I won't be going into a ton of detail with this review as I plan on a more in depth review once the series is completed.

My Rating: 5 out 5 stars
Sea of Secrets is well-written in first person, multi POV. The series is three books strong and it's full of secrets, nail-biting mystery, romance, and a bit of sexy (it wouldn't be Brooke without some sexy 😉). Each book is only about an hour or so read time and there's a lot packed into that time.


A couple of secrets are revealed in this third installment, and I was thinking, Finally, some answers!
Well, I did get a couple of answers, but now I have more questions and it just gets creepier and creepier. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out a mystery, but at this point, I'm not even sure who the good guys are - if there are any actual good guys. Just when I think I have at least that much figured out, something else happens to change my mind. I'm starting to picture Brooke Kinsley sitting at her writing desk, rubbing her hands together and laughing maniacally at our angst. (Yes, I know, my mind goes to some strange places.😏) The books do end in cliffhangers, after all.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers. They usually make me crazy and not in a good way. While this series is making me a bit crazy, it's too good to pass up, cliffhangers and all.

Anyway, any details at this point would be spoilers, so I'll just say that you don't want to miss this series. It's dark, twisted, and creepy, and so good. I've been a fan of this author for some time now, and I have to say that this series is her best yet.

Sex Prescribed and Jewels in the Night are the first two books in the series. I've been hooked since the first page of Sex Prescribed and can't wait for book four. Seriously, I can't wait. So, write fast, Brooke! I have to see how this story plays out and I'm not above begging and maybe even a little bribery at this point.😀

Sea of Secrets, as well as books one and two, are available at Amazon (link below). Books two and three are also on Kindle Unlimited. And just an FYI, Sex Prescribed is available free at Barnes & Noble, here, and at Kobo, here. It's a great way to see what the series is about.

Amazon US

Now, I'm off to try to catch some of those elusive zzz's.

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa Virtual Book Tour

What are four things you can’t live without? The Kindle app on my phone. My Tesla. It's not to save the world, folks; I just like to go ...