Friday, June 9, 2017

The Shifter's Hostage by T.S. Ryder

After a long day yesterday, I searched my tablet for a bedtime read that would be fun, interesting, and could be finished in one sitting. So, I went to T.S. Ryder's new release, The Shifter's Hostage.

My Rating: 4 out 5 stars
The book is written in third person POV with chapters alternating between the two main characters. It fits nicely into the Paranormal Romance category and is a quick, fast-paced read with a happily every after.

Check out that cover! Did I mention that there's a dragon? I love dragons!


If you're familiar with T.S. Ryder, then you already know we get quick, fast-paced stories that can easily be finished in one sitting - about an hour's read time. Ryder is one my favorite go to authors for a fun lunch or bedtime read, and The Shifter's Hostage is just one more reason why.

I absolutely love dragons! Yes, I realize that I've already said that.😜 In this one, we get a sexy, albeit cranky dragon and a woman who has no problem putting him in his place, regardless of how much smoke and fire he puffs out. Sexy dragon and strong woman - a great mix for fun tale.

As mentioned, it is a short story and while I realize that isn't everybody's thing, I quite enjoy a good short story. I don't always need a full-length novel to find the tale interesting. I find Ryder's books to be the perfect mix of fun and sexy with a bit of angst, making them ideal for curling up on the couch with a glass of wine before bed or escaping the busy day with a cup of coffee at lunch.

Ian and Lydia are great together, and there's some drama thrown in with demons who are out to get rid of Lydia. The only drawback for me was Amber, Lydia's friend who gets caught in the mix. Swooning women who freak completely out make me crazy in real life, so it's no surprise that I kept hoping for Lydia to give her a good smack to calm her down. Yes, her reactions are understandable under the circumstances (you'll have to read it to find out), and my opinion of Amber is just that - my opinion.

Overall, The Shifter's Hostage is a fun, action-packed read with a bit of sexy. It is available at Amazon, here. If you enjoy short stories with lots of action and a happily ever after, check it out!

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Darkest Light by Vicki-Ann Bush Virtual Book Tour

  Did you have a minor character who insisted on playing a larger role in the story. If so, please tell us about it. This is a funny questio...