Monday, June 5, 2017

The Strange Case at Misty Ridge by David Brian

As I've mentioned before, I'm an insomniac and often do a lot of reading in the wee hours of the night while everyone else sleeps. It beats hating on them for being able to grab those precious zzz's.😉 Last night, I decided to take a chance on scaring myself with another horror story - David Brian's The Strange Case at Misty Ridge.

My Rating: 5 out 5 stars
The book is very well written in first person POV with the story being told entirely from the perspective of paranormal investigator, Jack. The characters are interesting and the story is gripping and descriptive. While I can't say that I was terrified, this one is seriously creepy and fits well in the horror genre.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm a chicken. I own it. Stories about ghosts and things that go bump in the night creep me out and have me sitting up and paying attention to all those little noises that a house makes late at night when no one is moving about. The Strange Case at Misty Ridge falls nicely into that category.

The case mentioned in the title was creepy enough in its own right, but then Brian throws some twists into the story to further mess with my mind. Jack's out of body experiences take him on a journey that is bizarre, to say the least. (No spoilers here - it's in the blurb).

The twists that the story takes kept me guessing and just when I thought I knew where it was going, I was hit with an ending that blew my mind. I was reminded a bit of the great Alfred Hitchcock with that ending and was left with an 'Oh no, he didn't just do that!' But, of course, he did and I was left wondering where Jack's life would go from there.

The thing that stands out most for me with this book is that I could see the events in the story unfold as if I were watching them. I could see this one as movie and it's one I would most definitely watch.

The Strange Case at Misty Ridge is available in ebook and paperback formats through Amazon and in paperback through Barnes & Noble. While I don't support Amazon (no secret there), I do support the authors who our so much of themselves into their work and let us take a peek inside their imagination. So, I'm including links to the book here for you.

Amazon.com

Barnes & Noble

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Heart Knows What The Mind Cannot See Blitz

  Self Help, Spiritual Inspiration Date Published: 06-02-2021   This is a thought-provoking and enlightening exploration of sp...