Friday, June 9, 2017

The Wolf's Bride by Patricia Blackmoor

There is very short list of authors out there that I can honestly say I've liked every single book they've written. Patricia Blackmoor is on that list. Today, I read her newest release, The Wolf's Bride and I'm happy to say that her books are still among some of my favorites.

My Rating: 4 out 5 stars
The book is beautifully written in first person POV with the story being told entirely from the heroine's perspective. This is the sixth book in the Wolf's Peak Saga, set in Victorian era, England, and it fits very nicely into the Paranormal Romance genre.


As mentioned, this is the sixth book in the series. While some of the books end in a cliffhanger, this one doesn't and Blackmoor provides sufficient detail to keep a reader from being lost. I will say that I would highly recommend reading the whole series in order to get the full story on these engaging characters.

Having read the whole series, it's hard to speak of just this one book. The Wolf's Peak Saga is full of so many great characters, some I love and some I love to hate, and the gripping story lines have always held my interest. It's a series of love, loss, betrayal, trust, deception, suspense, honor, family obligation, and hope. The characters are very well developed and the scenes are always so descriptive that it's easy to lose yourself in the story.

The Wolf's Bride sees Adam and Hazel's romance tested once more. Adam is missing and with only days until the wedding, the search for him is frantic and suspenseful. The fact that the people of Wolf's Peak are wolf shifters is just an added bonus. I love shifter tales, but in all honesty, you could take that part out of the story and still have a book well worth reading.

There were a couple of drawbacks in this one for me. One particular scene that bothered me was during the search for Adam, Hazel finds his cufflink in the woods. She rushes home and is so shocked to find her brother in bed with someone that she completely forgets what she was rushing to tell him. It seemed a bit out of character, considering that Adam is the love of her life and she's so frantic to find him. Normally, this wouldn't bother me so much, but the author has proven her attention to detail throughout this series and this slip stood out to me. There were also a couple of times that something said or referred to seemed a bit out of time as far as the era that the story takes place. Again, this surprised me, considering Blackmoor's attention to detail. I will add that these minor things did not diminish my enjoyment of the story, just some things that stood out to me.

I did like the flashbacks on Hazel and Adam's story. Having read the other books in the series, I already knew much of the tale of their romance and how they became a couple, but the flashbacks provided some extra backstory that further reiterated their bond to each other.

If you enjoy Paranormal Romance with suspense and intrigue, I highly recommend that you check out this series. The entire Wolf's Peak Saga is available at Amazon, here, and The Wolf's Bride can be found here.

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘


No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...