Sunday, July 2, 2017

Billionaire's Game by Lucy Wild

I just finished Lucy Wild's newest release, Billionaire's Game, and was pleasantly surprised with the original premise in the world of billionaire romances.

Momma Says 4 out 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Billionaire's Game is well-written in first person, dual POV with chapters alternating between the two main characters. It fits well into the Romance genre, and although the title does claim that it's a Dark romance, I didn't find anything particularly dark about this one. It is steamy and contains adult situations, so certainly an 18+ recommendation.

*ARC provided courtesy of the author


Blurb:

He’s a billionaire.

He’s bored.
And he wants to play with me.


Cole Ford is the perfect man. Literally. 
He’s spent all day chasing me, commanding me to come back to his mansion for a night of passion. 
If this was real, I’d say yes in a heartbeat. 
But it’s not real. 
It’s just a game. A twenty-four hour roleplay with him as the billionaire and me playing the femme fatale.
Just a bit of fun.
He’s not really in love with me, just my character.
But what if I don’t want to play games anymore?
What if I want to tell him how much I want him?
That would be breaking the rules.
I’ve never broken the rules before.
Until now.

***

It didn't take long for the original premise of this one to suck me in. Karina thinks it's all a game and doesn't realize that Cole is playing for keeps. With a few twists along the way, I quite enjoyed the storyline of this one. Kudos to Lucy Wild for the originality of this one!

As mentioned, the title does claim it as a Dark Romance, but I didn't find anything that I would consider dark in this story. It's more BDSM light, in my opinion. That aside, Billionaire's Game is a quick read, with interesting characters and a fun, original storyline. 

The flow of the story is good until the very end. I felt like the story was a bit rushed in the last chapter and that the ending could've been a bit more developed. For me, the rushed ending is the only thing that kept this one from being a five-star read. That said, the book is still well worth the read and I have no problem recommending it. 

Billionaire's Game is available for purchase at the following links. 


Thanks for joining me! I haven't decided what I'm in the mood for next, but since there are fireworks going off all over my little one-horse town, I won't be sleeping - might as well read!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Darkest Light by Vicki-Ann Bush Virtual Book Tour

  Did you have a minor character who insisted on playing a larger role in the story. If so, please tell us about it. This is a funny questio...