Saturday, July 22, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ A Doctor's Touch by Brooke Kinsley

There's something to be said for novellas and how much can be packed into one. I've read three today and as I read the last line of A Doctor's Touch, I knew I'd saved the best for last. 

Momma Says 5 out of 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A Doctor's Touch is written in first person, multi POV. This is the 5th book in the Jewels and Panties series, which is a continuing story. This one, as well as the rest of the series, fits into more than one genre. Romance, Suspense, Thriller - they're all covered here. The steam level is high, so certainly an 18+ recommendation. Now, on to the cover. I love the covers in this series. Brooke is a bit tricky with these; they give absolutely no hint at the darkness that lies within the pages. 



ETTA

All I want to do is be with Lincoln. 
I’m falling for him harder every day but there’s always something keeping us apart. 
Now, looking down at Detective Berger’s bloody body, it seems as though things are only going from bad to worse. 
All I want is a normal life but things are getting crazier by the day. 
When I things can’t get any worse, my ex-boyfriend Craig shows up!
He says it was just a coincidence that he bumped into me, but I know better…
The hairs on the back of my neck stick up just thinking about him. 
He’s plotting something… but I don’t want to find out what. 

LINCOLN

Would it hurt to have an ordinary day?
All I do is yearn to spend time with Etta. I’d love to spoil her, take her on vacation, make love to her all night but the world around us is becoming increasingly dangerous. 
With the bloodied body of a cop now in my laboratory, it feels as though there’s no end to this madness. 
What Etta doesn’t know is that I’ve got a deadly plan to put all this to bed. 
As long as I don’t get killed first… 

***

The Jewels and Panties series has been mind blowing from the very beginning and is showing no signs of letting up with this latest installment. This is not a series that you can pick up in the middle and expect to know what's going on. You have to read it from the beginning and, trust me, this is one that you don't want to miss. All the books end in a cliffhanger, but this newest one is the biggest one yet. 
With A Doctor's Touch, we get some new players in the game, along with some interesting twists and added suspense. Etta and Lincoln reach a new level of trust in each other and possibly in someone else while yet another character reaches out for less than noble reasons. 
It's deliciously dark, the twists are serpentine, it's goose bump creepy, every question answered leads to a new question, and the sex is hot. What more could you ask for? I keep thinking of some of the mini-series thrillers that I've seen on television and with each new installment, I think the same thing - 'This! I would watch this!'
Brooke Kinsley's talent shines in this series and it is one that I highly recommend.

A Doctor's Touch is available on Amazon. If you aren't up to date on the Jewels and Panties Series, all five books are bundled for only $2.99. All the books are also listed in Kindle Unlimited. Check it out, I'd be willing to bet you'll be hooked at the first book. 

*Advanced Reader Copy provided by the author

Thanks for joining me! I have a paranormal series next on my list. 

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

KidVenture: Through the Maize Virtual Book Tour

KidVenture Vol. 3 Middle Grade Fiction Date Published: 03-30-2023     Chance, Addie and Sophie launch a new vent...