Sunday, July 9, 2017

Evil's Unlikely Assassin by Jenn Windrow

I've said before that I'm always on the lookout for a good Urban Fantasy series and I've been quite lucky in that endeavor lately. Today, I've found another one in the first book of Jenn Windrow's Alexis Black series, Evil's Unlikely Assassin.

Momma Says: 5 out of 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Evil's Unlikely Assassin is wonderfully written in first person POV from the perspective of our reluctant heroine, Alexis. It fits perfectly into the Urban Fantasy genre and even has a bit of romance mixed in. With the romance, comes a bit of steam that wouldn't be suitable for younger audiences.


Blurb:
Vampire Alexis Black is on a mission - to rejoin the human race.

Coerced into signing an ironclad contract by an Angel-with-attitude, Alexis must hunt down and assassinate at least one vampire, werewolf, or creepy crawly every night for fifty years to become human again. Too bad the contract didn’t mention the badass vampire who now rides shotgun in her brain, insatiable bloodlust, or her new I-hate-everything-with-fangs sidekick. If she can fulfill her end of the bargain, her humanity is restored, if not she will be destroyed.

But when a revenge-seeking bloodsucker threatens her city, Alexis must risk everything to ensure there’s a humanity to return to. Since her vampire nature is her greatest weapon to defeat the monsters that threaten her friends and future, Alexis must choose to accept her inner beast or watch those she loves die.

***

Due to the many twists in this story, I will be keeping things as vague as possible. Any spoilers would ruin the fun of this tale and this is one that I highly recommend each person enjoy without any spoilers. Bottom line - Alexis is a vampire who hunts other supernatural creatures and finds a load of trouble along the way. That's it, that's all you get. Read it! You won't be sorry.

I love a bit of snark and sarcastic wit in a book, especially when it's so well done. Jenn Windrow blends the snark with the serious perfectly, so that we get the heart-racing scenes, but also have some fun along the way. 

The story flows very well with just the right amount of action to keep your heart racing. Plus, the terrific characters! I can't possibly review this one without mentioning the many great characters packed in those pages! Again, I can't go into details or even tell you who my favorite is (above mentioned twists), but I do, indeed, have a favorite among them. 

Overall, this is one that I would highly recommend for anyone who likes Urban Fantasy or even just enjoys a good vampire story. I, for one, will be anxiously awaiting the next book in this series! 

Evil's Unlikely Assassin is available for purchase at the following links. Check it out!


*Advanced Reader Copy provided by Romancing the Dragon

Thanks for joining me! Now I'm off to watch some Netflix with the kiddos. (Gasp! Yep, I do occasionally watch TV!😏)

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Darkest Light by Vicki-Ann Bush Virtual Book Tour

  Did you have a minor character who insisted on playing a larger role in the story. If so, please tell us about it. This is a funny questio...