Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Ignite by Sierra Cross

I've mentioned before that I love Urban Fantasy, but I have a hard time finding one that I can truly immerse myself in. Sierra Cross' Spelldrift: Coven of Fire series is certainly one that a reader fills that bill! I just finished her newest release and the second book in the series, Ignite and found it to be just as good as the first one!

Momma Says 5 out 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ignite is very well written in first person POV, told from the perspective of our heroine, Alix. As mentioned, it does fit into the Urban Fantasy genre with its many supernatural being living among humans. There are references to sexual situations, but nothing that I would consider steamy and I would have no problem with my teen/young adult reading this one. In fact, I would think that any teen that likes the genre would enjoy this series.


Blurb:
I’ve only been living in the Magicborn world for a few weeks now. But when I’m yanked from sleep by a demon’s blade at my throat, I know we’ve got a problem on our hands. It’s not a run-of-the-mill Nequam, either, but a deadly Caedis. And someone sent him for me. If that isn’t enough to deal with, the city’s most powerful spellcasters are turning up dead and the Fidei, the order that polices our kind, is sniffing around our coven. It’s no secret that the Magicborn community has no love for our ragtag group, and now it looks like we’re being framed for murder. Keeping this coven out of prison is going to be a serious challenge, partly because of the secrets that I can’t bring myself to share with the others. My magic’s been malfunctioning. My dreams are being invaded. And my brain’s always spinning, wondering if Matt will ever break the archaic vow that stops him from admitting his feelings for me. Can the only way out of this mess really be risky alliances with a dangerous vampire and a dark witch who’s betrayed me in the past? Ignite, the second book in the Coven of Fire series by Sierra Cross, will have you turning the pages to get your fix of forbidden romance, dangerous alliances, and deadly magical secrets.


***

When I say that I couldn't put this book down, I'm speaking literally. I started reading this afternoon with the intention of reading for an hour or so and then starting dinner. Dinner eventually did happen, but it was a bit late because I couldn't stop reading. I had to see what would happen next. My hour or so read time turned into between four and five hours. 

Sierra Cross has created a world of supernatural beings, hiding in plain sight. It's a world full of so many wonderful characters - some you'll love and some you'll love to hate. And then there are those characters that you'll want to shake the crap out of, even while you're rooting for them! The snark is high, the dialogue is witty and often humorous, and the action doesn't let up. And that ending! Ugh! Way to leave a girl hanging! I can't wait for book three in this series. I'm dying to know what's next for Alix and her gang of misfits! 

Both books in this series are so well written that I went to the author's page on Amazon to see what else she had to offer and was shocked to see that this series is it - so far. I can't imagine that an author this talented is going anywhere and from what I've seen so far, I expect great things from her. 

Ignite is available on Amazon in paperback right now and the ebook goes live tomorrow, July 6th, and will be listed on Kindle Unlimited. You can also find the rest of this series on Sierra Cross' Amazon Author Page. If you enjoy Urban Fantasy, I highly recommend this one! 

Thanks for joining me! I'm thinking I'm in the mood for an action/adventure next.

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Review Tour

  DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Vanessa M. Knight ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Romantic Mystery ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kennedy Romero is not a murderer. Why is she the only o...