Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Royal Dick by Melinda Minx

Ever feel like just breaking away from reality for a bit? I certainly do and the newest release from Melinda Minx was the perfect way to do that. Just throw the realism out the window for a bit and enjoy the read - that's what I did!😀

Momma Says: 4 out of 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

Royal Dick is written in first person, dual POV with chapters alternating between our two main characters, Rikard and Jane. (There are also a couple of chapters from one other POV later in the book, but to give details on that would be spoilers.) The book fits well into the Romance category, but also could easily fall into the Action/Adventure genre as well. It is Melinda Minx, so there is certainly plenty of steamy goodness, making this an adult audience recommendation. Now, check out that cover. I kept thinking the hottie on the front reminded me of someone and it finally clicked! Doesn't he make you think of Ryan Reynolds? Yay or Nay, there's no denying his hotness!😜


Blurb:
I’m prince Rikard Nordgaard, but you can call me Dick.
No one can know that I’m the Nordian prince, at least not until I’m married.
Good thing I just found my bride...she’s an American tourist named Jane.
My father’s on his deathbed, and my country’s at war.
So if plain Jane wants this Royal Dick, she better say “I do,” and fast.


I just wanted to tour the castle, but as soon as I cross the drawbridge, I’m taken hostage.

Just when it looks like I’m as good as dead, prince Rikard Nordgaard himself sneaks in and comes to my rescue. He takes out the terrorists, and then he takes me out—to dinner.

He’s tall, dark, and a freaking prince. His smile melts my insides, and even when he’s being a total dick, his charm and wit is razor sharp.

Every little girl knows growing up that the Nordian princes must marry commoners, but I’d thrown those dreams out with my Barbie dolls. And now the prince himself is asking me to marry him—to make me his princess.

All I have to do is say ‘yes,’ and my life will change forever. The terrorists are starting a civil war, and the king is dying, so it won’t exactly be all sunshine and roses. But how can I say no to a prince? Even if he is a royal dick.

***

Just to be clear, there isn't much in this book that can be considered realistic, but it is most definitely fun! Royal Dick is completely over the top with it's non-stop action, intrigue, adventure, romance, and steam, and even though I knew this from the beginning, I couldn't stop reading. The story is fairytale-like and almost whimsical with its prince looking for a princess. 

The title is perfect for our hero, Rikard, considering his arrogance through much of the story. Oddly enough, even when he is being a total "dick," he's still got a way about him that makes him a lovable character. Of course, our heroine, Jane, is the perfect woman to pair with our hero. She matches his wit and keeps him on his toes!

The bottom line is simple; if you enjoy a fun, action-packed read, then don't worry about whether or not it could really happen. Just enjoy the ride! That's what I did, and even when I caught myself rolling my eyes and thinking No Way, I still enjoyed this crazy tale with its lovable characters, steamy goodness, and even a bit of funny along the way.

Royal Dick is available for purchase on Amazon and is listed in Kindle Unlimited. Grab a copy and take a break from reality!

Thanks for joining me! I have a bit of the paranormal loaded up for my next read!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Review Tour

  DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Vanessa M. Knight ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Romantic Mystery ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kennedy Romero is not a murderer. Why is she the only o...