Saturday, July 1, 2017

Twisted Love by Brooke Kinsley

Holy Moly! I just finished Twisted Love, the fourth book in Brooke Kinsley's Jewels and Panties series and all I can say is Wow!

Momma Says 5 out 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Twisted Love is well-written in first person, multi POV. It fits well into the Dark Romance and Mystery/Suspense genres with it's twisted storyline. It is the fourth book in the Jewels and Panties series and the books do need to read in order as it is a continuing story. The book is steamy and there are adult situations and dark themes, so certainly for adult audiences only. I love the covers for this series and all of them, including this one, give no hint at the darkness within.


Blurb:
Etta
Now part of Lincoln’s deadly team, I can’t wait to get down to business but then the news comes. Another girl has died but this this time Lincoln didn’t kill her. This time, it appears there are two killers on the loose.
Just when I’m starting to think I’m finally getting away from the house, the place pulls me back like I’m under its spell. And a chance encounter reveals dark and twisted secrets that show just how far Phaedra will go to get what she wants.

Phaedra
They found the little girl and now our cover’s blown apart. It’s time to call on a few favors from the people that matter, the men at the top that know how to keep a secret.
If only people around here knew what I was really like. I’ve heard the rumors. They all think I’m a witch, a crazy old woman who runs the house of unfortunate souls, but they’ll soon discover the truth.

Berger
That son of a bitch doctor has something to do with all the murders and I’m sure as hell going to prove it. But with his money and status he’s almost untouchable!
Not to mention the little girl we saved has started telling her gruesome story that incriminates every big wig in town. I’ve got to get to the bottom of this. Even if it kills me.

Lincoln
That God damn detective is onto me but he’s all wrong! I’m not the guy he thinks he is. All I want to do is lie in Etta’s arms and spoil her. All I want to do is make love to her, hold her and keep her safe. All I want to do is initiate her into my life, into the world I’ve create deep within my laboratory, but it seems as though fate has other ideas

***
* This is an ongoing series, so it's hard to speak about just this book or to give any details without giving spoilers.

The suspense gets thicker with every addition to this series and it is so dark and twisted. The author teases us a bit with a few answers that, of course, lead to more questions.

Lincoln and Etta's relationship deepens, but whether or not that's a good thing remains to be seen. Phaedra gets creepier with each book and it appears that there is even more to find out about her. Berger is determined to solve the string of murders, but he also has his own set of problems.

We do get some new additions to the cast of characters in this tale and their motives may not be what they at first appear. Of course, most of the characters throughout this series have been questionable. Just when I think I know who the good guys are, Kinsley throws a wrench into the works and I'm back at square one. She's kept me guessing from the first page of the first book and I love it!

As I said, this is an ongoing series and each installment ends in a cliffhanger. This current one left me with a gasp and my mind blown! Now, I'm chomping at the bit for the next book!

Twisted Love, like the first three books in the series, is dark, twisted, steamy, and full of suspense. I highly recommend the Jewels and Panties series to anyone who enjoys the genre.

Twisted Love is available on Amazon and the entire series can be found on Brooke Kinsley's Author Page (Book one in the series is free right now!)

Thanks for joining me! I have a billionaire romance lined up next!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Review Tour

  DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Vanessa M. Knight ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Romantic Mystery ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kennedy Romero is not a murderer. Why is she the only o...