Friday, August 18, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ Dark Diary by Brooke Kinsley

I had to sit at the doctor's office today for a check-up, so of course, I took a book with me. I figured if I have to be at the doctor's office, I may as well read about one and catch up on one of my favorite series at the same time. Brooke Kinsley's Jewel's and Panties series covers both of those qualifications and the newest installment, Dark Diary, is the perfect length for making a waiting room wait more pleasant.

Momma Says: 5 out 5 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dark Diary is written in first person, dual POV with chapters alternating between main characters, Etta and Lincoln. It fits wonderfully into the Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense genres with plenty of creepiness to keep you turning pages. It is a continuing story, and really needs to be read in order to fully understand everything going on. There is some steamy fun and adult situations, so I recommend 18+.

ETTA
We’re together at last with nothing to worry about and no one to get in our way. 
Finally, I can lie in his arms and know we’re safe. 
When he suggests we get away from everything and go on vacation to Italy, I’m so happy I think I’ll explode. 
We can finally relax and have fun just like a normal couple!
With his private jet online minutes away, I can barely contain my excitement. 
But then something catches his eye on the way to the airport and it looks like we’re about to make an unscheduled stop. 
One that takes us right back to where we started.

LINCOLN
All I’ve ever wanted was to make her happy.
I’m going to take her to Venice, the most beautiful city in the world!
We’ll dine beneath the stars and make love until the sun rises. 
With my private jet waiting for us and nothing to get in our way, I’ve never been happier.
But then an offer comes my way and I find I can’t say no, especially when it can help me put all my wrongs to right. 
Then I discover Phaedra’s mysterious diaries and find something I wasn’t expecting: a familiar name, an evil request, evidence I can’t ignore. 



Book seven in the Jewels and Panties series sees some happy, together time for Lincoln and Etta, or so they think. Just when I thought the series was winding to a close, Brooke Kinsley throws another wrench into the works and the couple has another problem. This one may be the biggest yet, considering it's personal and as far as Lincoln is concerned, coming out of nowhere. 
This whole series has been one nail-biting thrill after another, with characters that seem like good guys, but maybe aren't so good, and bad guys that are the worst of the worst. It's packed full of enough twists and turns to give you whiplash, cliffys that will leave you holding your breath and keep you guessing, and the creep factor is over the moon. Add in the steamy fun and even some romance, and this series has it all. Each book is about an hour's read time and impossible to put down. 
Overall, Dark Diary has a bit more romance in it, but it's still dark and of course, leaves you wanting more. I can't wait to see what's next in Lincoln and Etta's journey. 

Dark Diary is available on Amazon and is listed in Kindle Unlimited. You can also purchase the entire seven book bundle of the Jewels and Panties series on Amazon. If you aren't familiar with the series, check out Book one, Sex Prescribed. It's completely free, but I warn you, you'll be hooked. 

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seven Days at Mannerley by Audrey Schuyler Lancho Blurb Blitz

  SEVEN DAYS AT MANNERLEY Audrey Schuyler Lancho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Historical Romance ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The suitcase she found changed everything. T...