Thursday, August 10, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ Hold Me Close by Vanessa Vale

Insomnia is kickin' my butt this week, which means I'll be reading a lot. Tonight's read was Hold Me Close, the newest addition to Vanessa Vale's Bridgewater County series.



Momma Says: 3 out 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐

Hold Me Close is well-written in first person, multi POV with chapters alternating between our three main characters. It is book four in the Bridgewater series, but works as a standalone. It does fit well into the Romance genre and is quite steamy, so certainly an 18+ recommendation.

Rachel wants one thing in life, a family of her own. But she’s not going to get it without a man. Or can she?
They may have ruined their chances in the past, but Matt and Ethan know Rachel’s the woman for them. When they discover her plans, they tell her they’ll give her exactly what she wants. The old fashioned way. Because once they get their hands on her, they’ll hold her close and never let go.

Warning: Panty melting! Hold Me Close is book 4 in the wildly dirty series where two obsessed alpha cowboys give the woman of their dreams exactly what she desires. This standalone HEA is all about her - no M/M.

***

Hold Me Close is a quick read, easily finished in a couple of hours. It's fast-paced and overall, a fun story, but it does require quite the suspension of belief. I'm not talking about the menage part of this story - I knew that going in and while I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen quite so often, I can enjoy the story. My problem was with how fast this romance took off. I'm not a huge fan of instalove, but usually expect it in a book of this length. This one, however, was even faster than the norm for our cowboys, Matt and Ethan. Instant attraction, I could've been fine with, but one look and knowing she's the one is a bit much. Rachel's complete acceptance of this once it's revealed to her was another irksome detail for me. She did at least know a little something about them at that point, more than I can say for the heroes of this tale. It is a fun story and light on the drama, the characters are likable, the story flow is good, and the sex is over-the-top hot. Oh, and two sexy cowboys! If instant, and I do mean instant, love with lots of steamy goodness is something you enjoy, then this one is for you.

**ARC provided by L. Woods PR

Be sure to check out the Release Week Giveaway!


Hold Me Close is available for purchase at the following links.


Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Seven Days at Mannerley by Audrey Schuyler Lancho Blurb Blitz

  SEVEN DAYS AT MANNERLEY Audrey Schuyler Lancho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Historical Romance ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The suitcase she found changed everything. T...