Friday, August 4, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ Puppet Master by Brooke Kinsley

I am absolutely hooked on Brooke Kinsley's Jewels and Panties series. I just finished Puppet Master, the sixth book in the series, and once again, I'm left with a gasp and anxiously awaiting book seven.

Momma Says: 5 out 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Puppet Master is well-written in first person, dual POV and fits very well in the Romantic Suspense/Thriller genre. There's not much steam in this one, but it does contain adult themes and some disturbing content, so I would recommend 18+ readers. It is part of a continuing story and really needs to be read in order.

*For those who aren't familiar with the series, the first book in the series, Sex Prescribed, is free and the rest of the series is available in Kindle Unlimited.

ETTA
We’ve been captured but there’s no sign of Lincoln anywhere!
I need him to tell me everything will be okay. 
I need to know he’s okay!
But something in my gut is telling me that something terrible has happened to him. 
Held hostage in a motel, it looks as though things can’t get any worse for me. 
Then one of my captors decides he wants to have some fun…
Somehow I’ve got to escape before it’s too late. 
Somehow, I’ve got to discover if Lincoln is still alive!

PHAEDRA
It’s all coming to an end. 
I can feel it in my bones. 
I’ve had enough of all the pain and I’m too old to carry on. 
And I’m damn well sure that Judge Kennedy is going to pay for what he’s done. 
Tonight will be the last night that bastard lives. 
But I’m going to need a little help…

***
This sixth book in the Jewels and Panties series brings yet more twists in the story and another mind-blowing cliffy. With each book in this series, I say that I'm not going to presume anything, and then I catch myself doing just that when the author blows me out of the water. We learn more about Phaedra and her motivations in this one and Etta finds out just what she's capable of and how far she'll go for someone she loves. 
Like its predecessors, Puppet Master, which is very suitable titled, is dark, gripping, and packed full of suspense and twists that I certainly didn't see coming. The story centers around Lincoln and Etta and their journey, but it's so much more than that. So many other characters throughout this series have been key players and not at all what I would call secondary. So much so that I have become just as interested in their journeys as Linc and Etta's. With so many great characters - some I love and some I love to hate - and an equally great story line, it's impossible not to become hooked on this series.

Puppet Master is available for purchase on Amazon and is listed in Kindle Unlimited.

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...