Monday, August 21, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ SEAL'd Trust by Gabi Moore

Do you have a favorite author? One (or ten) that you gobble up every book and can't wait for the next? I have several and the list grows all the time, but one of those is Gabi Moore. I'm always excited to get an email announcing her newest book. The latest of those is SEAL'd Trust, and I loved it!

Momma Says: 5 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SEAL'd Trust is wonderfully written in first person, dual POV with chapters alternating between main characters, Max and Kate. It fits perfectly into the Romance genre and even has a bit of humor. It is quite steamy (it's Gabi, after all), so I'd recommend 18+ readers.

MAX: 

The last mission was over. 

I was never bringing back the men I'd lost over there, and if I had a hope in hell of redeeming myself after that horrible disaster, it would be here, in the town I'd chosen to set up my brand spanking new civilian life. 

Or at least, that was the plan... 

I knew I had promises to keep and plans to follow, but then, life plopped a mission in my lap that all my years of training couldn't have prepared me for. 

... An overdressed, heavily made up, five-foot package of pure pain in the ass. 

KATE: 

I could say that I didn't trust men, but that's not entirely true. I didn't trust myself not to get involved with exactly the wrong kind of men. 

I moved to this town to get away from all that, and the last thing I needed right now was an ex-Navy SEAL jock like Max, getting in the way of my new life. 

Tall, muscly, and with a jumbo sized ego? No thank you. I made a promise to myself that I'd do better than that, and I didn't care how damn attractive or mysterious he was. I needed to get back on my feet, find a new job and lick my wounds. 

Then why was he all I could think about? And why did he have to move in right next door? What a pain in the ass. 



This one was a bit different than what I've come to expect from this author, but it's just as good. Max and Kate's story does have a touch of darkness, but the story is lighter than Moore's usual fare. SEAL'd Trust is more about what comes after the darkness, after you break away from the bad and start a life with hope. Max and Kate don't start out as lovers and as the story progresses, we get to see a friendship develop - one that gradually becomes more. Max is certainly an alpha male. He's sexy and tough, but he also has a softer side that is quite lovable. Given Kate's recent past, she has some serious trust issues to work through and Max may be just the thing she needs, whether she realizes it or not. This couple is so good together and when they come together, it's off the charts steamy with a touch of sweetness thrown in. 
To sum it up, SEAL'd Trust is kind of an enemies to friends to lovers romance. It's sweet and sexy with a bit of humor. It's not just about romance, but about living life with hope and finding that special someone to spend that life with. With a good flow, great characters, and witty dialogue, this one is certainly a page turner and I loved every single word!

SEAL'd Trust is available on Amazon in paperback and should be releasing any day now in eBook format. 

Thanks for joining me!

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...