Wednesday, October 25, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ The Everett Exorcism by Lincoln Cole

The first book in Lincoln Cole's World of Shadows series, The Everett Exorcism, just released and this one will have you hiding under the covers.


Something strange is happening in the city of Everett, Washington and Father Niccolo Paladina is tasked with investigating possible demonic activity. Nothing is as it seems, however, and things quickly begin spiraling out of his control. 

When his path crosses with that of an old rival, they discover that things are worse in Everett than either of them could ever have imagined. As his world collapses around him, Niccolo will be left with one terrible question: what is my faith worth?


Momma Says: 5 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The thing about demons and the occult is no matter how skeptical you are, even if you believe that it's all a bunch of bunk, there's that niggling at the back of your mind that thinks what if... The Everett Exorcism, with its ever-building tension, plays on that niggling thought until you're terrified to turn the page, but at the same time, you can't stop. 
Lincoln Cole has given us a wonderfully written, creepy as creepy gets tale. With strange looks, perfectly timed words that at any other time could be completely innocuous, and even a disturbing doll, the tension builds as Father Paladina investigates a possible possession. What he finds in Everett goes beyond a single person possessed and had this reader turning on the lights to chase the shadows away. 
If this first book in the World of Shadows series is any indication of what's to come, I can't wait for the next terrifying addition. 


✱✱ I have to share a quick funny related to my reading The Everett Exorcism...
There is a rather sinister doll in the book, and hey, dolls are creepy anyway, right? Anyway, it was late and my grown daughter and I were the only ones in the house still awake. I had just read a particularly disturbing part of the story relating to the doll when I hear a voice. J, my daughter goes to investigate, thinking one of the littles must be up, and then we hear a high-pitched "help." Turns out that Furby, which I'm not particularly fond of anyway, had somehow "woken up" and was talking and asking for help. Now, I'm not sure which should bother me more - the fact that the disturbing little toy started talking at exactly the right time to scare my socks off, or that he "learned" to yell for help in my house of crazies. In the light of day, we've had a good chuckle over it, but I'm still debating on whether or not Furby needs to lose his batteries!

Until next time...

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...