Tuesday, October 17, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ Saving Evangeline by Nancee Cain

Nancee Cain's, Saving Evangeline, finishes up today's foster author books. I have to say that I think I hit the jackpot with my fosters!



Evangeline is the town pariah. Everyone knows she’s crazy and was responsible for the death of her last boyfriend. Even her mother left her and moved cross-country. Lonely and desperate, Evie decides to end her life.
Rogue angel Remiel longs to return to earth, but there’s just one problem. He tends to invite trouble and hasn’t been allowed back since Woodstock. The Boss sends him to save Evangeline, but there’s a catch: he can’t reveal his angelic nature, and he must complete the task as Father Remiel Blackson.
Forced together on a cross-country trip, a forbidden romance ignites and love unfolds. A host of heavenly messengers tries to intervene, but Remiel and Evangeline are headed on a collision course to disaster. Will his love save her, or will they both be lost forever?

Purchase Links
Kobo 




Momma Says: 5 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'll admit to some hesitancy at the start of this one. Considering the subject matter, I expected a rather somber and emotional tale. While it is emotional and there's absolutely nothing funny about suicide, Nancee Cain creates a quite engaging tale. I cried, I laughed, I ooh'd and ahh'd, and absolutely couldn't get enough of Remi and Evie. The story is brilliantly done with witty dialogue and and characters that you just can't help but root for. When a book brings out so many emotions and you've turned that last page with the knowledge that it's one you will gladly revisit, it's a winner. I don't know how Cain has stayed off my radar for so long, but she's certainly one to watch. 

Momma😘

About Nancee:

During the day, Nancee works as a counselor/nurse in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge. Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list on her e-reader qualifies her as a certifiable book hoarder. Always looking to try something new, she dreams of being an extra in a Bollywood film, or a tattoo artist. (Her lack of rhythm and artistic ability may put a damper on both of these dreams.)

Links:
Newsletter: eepurl.com/bhFMtX
Reader’s Group (Cain Raisers): https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cain.Raisers/






4 comments:

  1. This review made me cry happy tears! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Nancee Has some pretty AMAZING stories .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just learning that! I don't know how I've missed her for so long!
      -Momma

      Delete

Kissing Kin by Karen Hulene Bartell NBTM Virtual Book Tour

KISSING KIN by Karen Hulene Bartell The following scene is one of my favorites in Kissing Kin because it embodies the paranormal romance’s c...