Friday, December 15, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ The Three Scrooges by Jeff Lane

Every Christmas season brings certain traditions for my house of crazies - beloved movies, books, gift-wrapping marathons, etc. One of those traditions is some form of Scrooge. Just when I thought I'd read, watched, or heard every variation of this story, I cracked open Jeff Lane's The Three Scrooges.



Ebenezer Scrooge LOVES Christmas! One Christmas Eve, after Scrooge, his wife and his son have gone to bed, Ebenezer is awoken by a group of strange visitors to his room; the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future, as well as two other versions of… himself! One Scrooge is a stingy miser, and the other is a battle-hardened solider, criss-crossed with scars. The ghosts tell the Scrooges that an event in the past has split their lives into three different courses. This splintering of one life into three has put all of creation at risk. The three Scrooges travel through time once again, but this time, it’s not Ebenezer’s soul at stake, but the whole universe.



The Three Scrooges is available for purchase at the following links.



Momma Says: 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I can't even begin to count the many different variations of Scrooge that I've read, seen, and heard over the years, but I do remember that most of those are basically the same story - Don't mess with a classic, right? With that in mind, I started this one with some hesitation. That hesitation didn't make past the first chapter and I was so drawn in that I read it in one sitting. What I found was a unique and imaginative take on the classic Dickens tale. The style is wonderfully reminiscent of the classic, fantastically blended with an original plot. We still get the visits from our lesson teaching ghosts, but they have a different goal for Ebenezer, or should I say, Ebenezers since we have three. Three very different versions of one man have made a mess of things and it's up to them to fix it. I won't go into the details of each Scrooge in this compelling read - you have to read it to fully appreciate all three as they travel through time to find the event that created them.
With The Three Scrooges, Jeff Lane has given me a new tradition to add to my list each holiday season. I highly recommend this beautifully written tale to anyone who loves the classic and to those looking for something a little different in a holiday read.

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa Virtual Book Tour

What are four things you can’t live without? The Kindle app on my phone. My Tesla. It's not to save the world, folks; I just like to go ...