Sunday, August 19, 2018

✱✱Book Review✱✱ The Other Woman by Sandie Jones

The Other Woman
by Sandie Jones 


The most twisty, addictive and gripping debut thriller you'll read this year.

HE LOVES YOU: Adam adores Emily. Emily thinks Adam’s perfect, the man she thought she’d never meet.

BUT SHE LOVES YOU NOT: Lurking in the shadows is a rival, a woman who shares a deep bond with the man she loves.

AND SHE'LL STOP AT NOTHING: Emily chose Adam, but she didn’t choose his mother Pammie. There’s nothing a mother wouldn’t do for her son, and now Emily is about to find out just how far Pammie will go to get what she wants: Emily gone forever.

THE OTHER WOMAN will have you questioning her on every page, in Sandie Jones' chilling psychological thriller about a man, his new girlfriend, and the mother who will not let him go.





❃❃The Other Woman releases August 21st❃❃

Kobo





Momma Says: 3 stars⭐⭐⭐

This one had me in its clutches the whole way. Right up until the ending. The storyline isn't anything I haven't seen before, but Jones kept it interesting. Emily is in a relationship with Adam, who appears to be a momma's boy. Adam's mother, Pammie, is controlling and conniving to the extreme and Emily gets the brunt of it. While I did feel for Emily's circumstances, I didn't care much for our heroine. Granted, Emily has never been in this type of situation, so she struggles to deal with it all, but she comes across as whiny a lot of the time. The more I read, the more I wanted to shake some sense into her and tell her to stand up for herself. That aside, the author does an excellent job with building the tension and it is a compelling read. Some things stretch the believability scale, but I kept turning those pages to see what devious thing Pammie would do next and waiting for her to get caught up in her mess. In fact, the story was riveting and I was prepared to sing its praises, until the big twist at the end. I expected part of it - a small part of it, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the conclusion. I love twisty stories, but this twist made little sense to me. Too many things just didn't add up. To give details would also give spoilers, so I'll just sum it up with this was a well-plotted and gripping story that let me down in the end.

❃❃ARC provided by NetGalley and St. Martin's Press



No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...