Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Christmas Countdown Blitz - Day 9: Max's Christmas Adventure & Max's Midnight Adventure by Wendy Leighton-Porter




Dividing my time between homes in South-West France and Abu Dhabi, I live with my husband and our beautiful Tonkinese cat. I spent 20 years as a teacher of French, Latin and Classical studies, before a change of career led me to writing books for children instead.
Shadows from the Past is series of time-travel adventures, featuring 3 children and a rather special Tonkinese cat by the name of Max. I'm currently working on the tenth book in the series, The Shadow of the Witchfinder. Max also has a few solo adventures of his own to accompany the series.

As I take my young readers on a magical mystery tour through the past, I'm hoping that my love of history, myth and legend will rub off on them too.




 ~ Website ~
  


MAX’S ADVENTURES are spin-offs from my 
SHADOWS FROM THE PAST books.

A second solo adventure awaits Max the time-travelling Tonkinese cat in this Christmas short story. 

Invited to accompany a well-known figure on a whirlwind trip into the past, he sets off on a mission to search for something very precious to his owners Jemima and Joe Lancelot - their missing parents. 

The hunt reveals tantalising clues to this mystery and ends with a special surprise for the twins.


Max the talking Tonkinese cat has a third solo adventure in this seasonal short story.

What happens when the feline hero is trapped in the attic one night?

Will he escape the clutches of the Christmas fairy, a regiment of soldiers and three obstreperous French hens in time to enjoy a holiday with his family?

One thing’s for sure, the Twelve Days of Christmas will never seem quite the same again …







Snippet:

BOOK TWO: Jemima tipped the egg upside down, searching for some sort of clue. ‘Hey, there’s something written underneath.’ She stared at the base, puzzled by the strange symbols imprinted in the metal. Whichever way she looked at it, she couldn’t

make head nor tail of them.

BOOK THREE: ‘Your wish was made inside this attic and, as I’m the one on duty here with a magic wand, I got a call from the Ministry telling me to make it come true. Only problem is, my wand’s broken. And we all know whose fault that is, don’t we?’ The fairy glared accusingly at Max. ‘So you can wish all you like, pumpkin head, but I can’t help.’




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Part 1 Official Event page 
and
Part 2 Official Event page




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting my books today. My reluctant and not-so-brave feline hero is always fun to write about, and I hope that my young readers will love him as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete

Seven Days at Mannerley by Audrey Schuyler Lancho Blurb Blitz

  SEVEN DAYS AT MANNERLEY Audrey Schuyler Lancho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Historical Romance ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The suitcase she found changed everything. T...