Tuesday, April 30, 2019

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson


Getting Hot with the Scot
A Sometimes in Love Novel 
by Melonie Johnson


IT’S TIME TO FLIRT WITH A MAN IN A KILT
Cassie Crow, a pop-culture reporter for a TV talk show, is focused on becoming a “serious” journalist. But when she stumbles into a kilted Highlander with a killer accent, Cassie decides that taking one night off from work and spending it with a sexy Scot couldn’t hurt. . .
Logan Reid has built a career on his charm, hosting a series of off-the-wall hijinks on the Web. But when the Scottish prankster meets the all-American, equal parts intelligent and irresistible Cassie, Logan realizes that one night of fun won’t be enough. Could it be that this career-focused, commitment-phobic couple is finally ready to take a chance at true and lasting love?




Momma Says: 3 stars⭐⭐⭐

Getting Hot with the Scot is a fun and flirty romantic comedy with lots of laughs and some steamy goodness along the way. Despite that, I had a really hard time getting into this one, and I'm really not sure why. The characters are likable enough if a bit immature at times, and I did like Logan's prankster side. I kept at it, and the story did start to grow on me until I finally was able to get fully behind this couple. They certainly have a solid attraction between them, and eventually, it does grow into something more. That said, their road to a happy ever after isn't all sunshine and roses - they do have to work for it a little to get there. In the end, the story did grow on me and I wound up enjoying it once I got into it. It is worth the read, and I'll be interested to see where the series goes.

❃❃ARC provided by NetGalley and St. Martin's Press


No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Broken Crown by MJ Crouch

  Mari Marcosa was raised to be a mafia wife. All that was expected of her was to look beautiful and  stay quiet . Until she was forced to b...