Sunday, January 19, 2020

✱✱Book Review✱✱ Forgive Me, Father...: A Short Story by Tim O'Shea


Forgive Me, Father...: A Short Story
by Tim O'Shea 



A church service ends.

A man sits in the back pew until everyone leaves.
He wants a confession from the priest.
A confession that could've been avoided.




Momma Says: 3 stars⭐⭐⭐

Forgive Me, Father is a very quick read, taking less than fifteen minutes from start to finish. I think the actual page count is something like nine pages, but Tim O'Shea manages to pack a punch with that nine pages. Given the length of the story, I'll avoid details, but I will say that once the man in the back pew starts talking, it's easy to see where things are headed - kind of, and kind of not. Either way, it is a disturbing tale. That said, it surprised me to find a short story of only nine pages as a book on its own. I would've expected this one to be in a collection of several short stories, but it is what it is. This one does have an intriguing premise that I think could've made a gripping full-length novel, and I have to hand it to the author. It's not easy to grab a reader in so few pages while still giving them the complete story, but he does it. From what I've seen here, I would be interested to see what this author can do with a novel because he certainly shows talent for suspense.



No comments:

Post a Comment

✱✱Book Review✱✱ DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Review Tour

  DEADLY. SET. VEGAS. Vanessa M. Knight ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Romantic Mystery ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kennedy Romero is not a murderer. Why is she the only o...