Sunday, May 28, 2017

Who is Momma?

Start a blog, they said. It's easy, they said.

That was before I sat down to write a simple introduction. I love books and can talk about what I've
read all day long. Talking about myself, however, proves to be a bit tougher.

I suppose I'll start with the easy part. My name is Becky, but everyone (and I do mean everyone) calls me Momma. I can thank my daughter for that one, she's never introduced me by any other name. It stuck, so here I am, Momma to everyone I know.

My main reason for starting this blog is my ongoing battle with the dictators at Amazon, who arbitrarily remove reviews without giving an actual reason - Sorry, but "you broke a rule" doesn't cut it for me. But, that's a long story, best left to another day. Basically, it boils down to my blog, my words, no one gets to censor me.

I have lots of hobbies and interests, but the one that has been with me for as long as I can remember would be reading. From those first Little Golden Books that were read to me as a toddler, I've been hooked. There's just something about being able to escape into a good tale and getting lost in the story. I will read almost anything, with the exception of Sci-fi and outer space/alien tales (no offense, they just aren't my thing). I'm dating myself here, but before the days of e-readers, I've even been known to read an encyclopedia when I ran out other material. I was like a kid in a candy store when I was introduced to digital media.

What you'll find on this blog is exactly what my banner claims - No punches pulled, honest book reviews. I'm plain spoken and call it exactly as I read it. Love it or Hate it, you'll see it here. But, the one thing, I can guarantee is that I am always fair and if I agree to read and review, I will do just that. I don't skim and I never DNF. Of course, that's the OCD in me, I have to finish if I start it. I absolutely can not leave a book unfinished. But I digress, I am always fair and honest, stating what I like/dislike in a book. I don't accept any form of payment for reviews, as that would create bias, and I generally only accept books for review that I think I'll enjoy reading - that sometimes backfires, but the intent to like a book is always there. The payment for me is getting lost in tale and that little peek inside the author's imagination.

I also edit for a small handful of Indie authors, and when I do, I'll be happy to tell  you what I think about the book. Note that I do not get paid based on book sales for editing. That's a totally different thing (done in a lump sum) and all taken care of before the book is even available.



Thanks for joining me on this journey of other worlds and characters that we won't soon forget.

Momma
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seven Days at Mannerley by Audrey Schuyler Lancho Blurb Blitz

  SEVEN DAYS AT MANNERLEY Audrey Schuyler Lancho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Historical Romance ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The suitcase she found changed everything. T...