Sunday, June 18, 2017

Clawed by Kym Dillon

It's gray and gloomy here in rural Kentucky today with lots of rain - basically, a perfect day for curling up in my favorite chair with a book. Today, I chose Kym Dillon's Clawed, book one in Were-Soldier Warriors series. If sexy panthers are your thing, you should enjoy this one.

Momma Says 4 out 5 stars
Clawed is well-written in third person POV, the story is interesting, and the characters are engaging. It fits nicely into the Paranormal Romance genre, but also has suspense, intrigue, and plenty of action. There is quite a bit of steam along with adult situations, so certainly 18+. Check out that cover!


Suspense, intrigue, lots of action, life-threatening conditions, and fighting for their lives. Those are just a few of the things that kept the pages turning in this fast-paced story. Combine that with Jessica and Marcus' attraction for each other and some pretty steamy scenes and you've got a winner.

Jessica has a no-nonsense attitude that Marcus' quick wit and sense of humor chips away at, bit by bit. There's just something about a sexy man with a sharp wit! Add in the whole panther shifter part of his character and you can't help but fall in love with Marcus.

The only drawback for me was the promise of a happily ever after in the blurb. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say again, if you advertise it, deliver it. While the ending isn't a bad one, I certainly wouldn't call it a happily ever after. In fact, it ends with a bit of a cliffhanger. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I realize it's a series, but, like I said, call it what it is.

That being said, the story is a good one and well worth the read. It did hold my interest and I will be checking out the next book in the series.

Clawed is available at Amazon, here. If you enjoy shifters, you'll want to check this one out.

Thanks for joining me! It's still storming here, so back to my chair with a book - maybe an Action-Thriller this round?

Momma😘

You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seven Days at Mannerley by Audrey Schuyler Lancho Blurb Blitz

  SEVEN DAYS AT MANNERLEY Audrey Schuyler Lancho ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Historical Romance ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The suitcase she found changed everything. T...