Thursday, November 30, 2017

✱✱ Book Review ✱✱ Cold Hall by Lucy Wild

Lucy Wild has just released her latest suspenseful tale, Cold Hall.



I just wanted to be alone. Until I saw her.
When I lost Cold Hall Farm, I resigned myself to a lonely life on the desolate moors.
But then she appeared. At my farm. Living with the man who took it from me.
I know what he'll do to her. He'll destroy her.
I can't let that happen. 
Instead, I will make her mine.
I won't stop until she's naked at my feet.
But if she discovers the truth about my past, she'll want nothing to do with me. 
Then I lose everything, including her.




Cold Hall is available on Amazon and is listed in Kindle Unlimited


Momma Says: 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐


While Cold Hall is steamy, I can't say that I found much romance in this one, at least not until late in the story. What I did find was a dark tale loaded with suspense and full of twists - A story of family, betrayal, and greed. Some elements do require a bit of suspension of belief, but this is fiction and all-in-all, it just worked. Melissa has a naiveté about her that is almost frustrating as she goes from one precarious situation after another, and then you have Dawson, Alfred, and Melissa's Uncle, either of which may be what they appear or maybe not. It all comes together to make for an exciting and gritty tale that will keep the reader guessing. We do get a bit of romance late in the story, but this certainly isn't your typical, sunshine and roses love story, and of course, with my love of the dark and twisted, it was right up this reader's alley. 

Momma😘

Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa Virtual Book Tour

What are four things you can’t live without? The Kindle app on my phone. My Tesla. It's not to save the world, folks; I just like to go ...